Sunday, April 17, 2011

Who says miracles never happen?

These past few weeks have been...interesting. About three weeks ago, I was having a really hard time. Why, I really don't know. I was just super stressed, having bad days, and just couldn't seem to handle anything - you know those times. For the past few months, the company my daddy had been working for was going through some changes. I won't get into the details, but, let's just say, there were going to be some mechanics let go. I was perfectly confident my dad would keep his job. I said, "Pff" to any thought or any doubt. But, then, during that super hard time, I got home from school. It was kind of a really crappy day. Not even a minute after being home my brother tells me, "Dad lost his job. Friday is his last day at work." My mind was blown. And a crappy day just got worse.

I began stressing out. I began fearing the worst - I can be a pessimist, when it comes to things like this. That first week, I didn't know what to do. I was lucky enough to have awesome friends that kept me from having panic attacks every hour. Then, blessing number one: it turned out my dad would get to work another week.

Gradually, my fears started fading. I worried less - well, about my dad. my worries of school were definitely still there. Then, the next week came around - this last week. It was like my dad not working wasn't a reality for me. It was strange. It just seemed all normal, until I'd get home from school, and my dad was there watching TV or something, instead of being at work. But, I knew everything was going to be ok. Blessing number two. It's not like I didn't know it before, but I was just worried more. I don't really know what happened. I attribute it to the prayers said in behalf of me and my family. I was able to focus less on my dad not having a job, and focus more on school.

Then, Thursday came around. Blessing number three: My dad had an interview. Blessing number four: Friday, my dad had another interview. I come home Friday after school, and BAM. Miracle: My daddy has a job. He starts Monday.

Blessing number five: In fact, with my daddy losing his job, we come out ahead. He gets a severance check, because half the company was being sold, which was why he lost his job. So, we get extra money. We get to pay off stuff. My daddy's pay is less, but he has to drive less, which equals saving money.

No one can tell me that miracles do not happen anymore. Because I have witnessed one. I am so incredibly grateful for what has happened. Things could have been WAY worse. My mom is a teacher, so yes, there'd be money - but then it'd be summer time, and, yes, mom gets a wee bit of money during the summer, but it would get super tough.

Honestly, this past week - the week that my dad actually didn't work - has been the most normal feeling one out of this whole thing. It was like my daddy not having work was no big deal, which seems strange to me, because not that long ago, it felt like the worse thing ever. There was one day this week where someone mentioned their dad being out of town for work, and I just casually said, "My dad lost his job." I didn't really think anything of it, because I was over it. I knew things were going to work out. but then my friend said, "Awkward, Beth. Don't just go around saying that!" Oops. I totally didn't realize it at all. haha

But, I feel so lucky. I don't know why my dad got a job so quick when there are others out there who have been struggling to find one for such a long time. I'm just grateful that the Lord was mindful to us and our needs, and I hope and pray that those who are in tough situations like that never lose faith. The Lord is mindful of them, too.

The Lord is in control. I'm so grateful for that knowledge. I'd be completely lost if I was out here on my own. He knows what's going on and how things should be handled. I think I'll be more careful to keep His plan for my future in mind, more than my own, now. I know He's got my back, that way! :)

No comments: