Wednesday, September 5, 2012

How I Feel

This morning while doing my scripture study, I had a very sweet experience. And, I don't think mere words would be able to explain just what happened. But, to put it simply, I was filled with an intense love. Love for Christ.  And, I wanted to shout it to the world. Shout that Christ is real, that Jesus is our Savior, and He loves us! I wanted to shout my love for and my testimony of him. But, of course, my timid manner of speaking in situations I'm not completely comfortable in is a terrible weakness of mine, and I feel I can't do that. (I mean, I know I can. It just terrifies me, and I can't think of a situation in which I might be able to do it for reals.) So, I've decided to do it in the form that I AM completely comfortable with: writing. Writing is the only way - save music - that I feel I can express myself in the way I want to. I feel it's the only way I can get my feelings out, just right - usually. Sometimes music is the only way I can do that.

Anyways. I would feel incredibly ungrateful if I did not do this. I know Christ is my Savior and my Redeemer. My Elder brother and my Best Friend. I can rely on Him, no matter what. No matter where life takes me. He wants  to help us, He wants us to come to Him, He wants  to ease our burdens and make our life easier. How many people do you know who want that constantly? And, if you are lucky enough to come across someone like that in this life, can't you see Christ in their eyes?

I've recently decided I needed to make some changes in my life - and they're hard changes to make. But, now, there's nothing else I want to do more than make those changes - and make them permanent. Why? Well, so I can become like Him. So people will be able to look at me, and see Him, and be drawn to Him. So that my life will not be about my own life, but about His. I want, above all other things, to be able to hug Him someday and look up into His eyes, and see nothing but joy because I have lived the way I needed to and because I have achieved the ultimate achievement of eternal life. And, I want Him to know, because of the way I have led my life, that I love Him. That I love Him and Heavenly Father above all things.

I have a testimony of Christ. I hope my words have touched you. If you are uncertain of Christ, of His love for you, find out for yourself! I promise you, you will never be the same. Christ loves you. He loves me. He is the greatest man to have ever walked the Earth, and I'm SO grateful I am able to know Him.

No comments: