Saturday, September 1, 2012

The first week

So, this week was the first week of school for NAU. It was a...very hard week. When I got home from work everyday (I'm done with all my classes by like 1, and then I go to work until we close) I just wanted to sit on the couch and not talk to anyone, not see anyone, and not do anything whatsoever. But...I did. Do you know how hard that is? I admire my mother SO much! She'd come home from work, super tired, from working all day, and then she'd go finish the laundry I neglected to do, go cook dinner, and wash dishes. I can barely motivate myself to write in my journal by the end of the day, and it's not like that takes tons of energy.

Anyways. It was hard. I was tired. I was busy. Running around all over the place. Having to pretend to be all happy and perky when I felt like poop. There were moments of happiness, obviously. Institute. Choir. Making new friends. Skyping Christine.

Wednesday night, I finally got a hold of a planner and wrote my whole life down in it, and made a goal to write to-do lists every day - at least, every school day - to keep my life organized and on track. It made a HUGE difference. Thursday was a fantastic day! The best day I've had for awhile.

I think I know why this week was so hard. I've striven to make some changes recently. And they're hard changes to make. Anyone who truly knows me well know that I generally don't put forth more effort than I need to. I've realized...that's not the way to live life. I need to be trying my best in all that I do. But...for a somewhat lazy person, that's a hard change to make. So that made this week SO difficult, because I was trying to work hard and get things done, but then I'd be so tired, have so much to do, and things would just happen to get in the way of me being productive. It was SO frustrating!

Also. Freshman are taking over the school. I feel like I'm drowning in freshman. It's not exactly a bad thing. Most of the ones I've come in contact with are pretty cool. And the other ones I've only come in contact with in the Card office, so I've only had to deal with them for a couple of minutes. I like to give some of them a hard time, though. I feel like it's my prerogative as someone who was a freshman last year, especially sense practically everyone who didn't know me before didn't know I was a freshman.

There's been no racquetball in my life, because I'm poor and haven't been able to pay my fees for the rec center. It's a sad truth, but after I get the paycheck for working Death Week (a whole other story) I'll be able to pay all my fees and have enough to buy me pizza for a month. (Don't worry, Mom. I won't go buy pizza for a month. I'd get fat.)

So, that's my life the past week. At least the very brief, and random version. The end. 


Please enjoy this picture of me being awesome and shooting a gun. (Don't ask questions. I'm feeling random.)

1 comment:

Stephen and Amy said...

That IS an awesome picture. That looks like Stephen's AK? You need to lean into it a little more. ;) Also, DON'T SLACK THE PLANNER!! I hope you become as neurotically planner-organized as I was. Saved my college career.