Sunday, August 28, 2011

shtuff-ness

So. It's been two weeks since I posted last. I've been one busy soul. Work has slowly taken over my life. This week I worked many hours. wonderful for my paycheck, and I've very grateful for it. But I would go home from work completely exhausted. It was sooooooo busy. And then there were people who were working longer hours than me. I pretty much died just thinking about working that long. (By the way, I pretty much love my coworkers and my boss. They all are super cool.)

All my roommates are finally here! All five of us are together, now. It's been fun. I landed in a wonderful apartment. I am so lucky/blessed for that. It's just a reminder of how I really am meant to be here...otherwise I would not have been so lucky.

Oh! Oh! KATIE ALSTON FINALLY MOVED UP TO FLAGSTAFF!!!! I'm excited. Can't you tell? But, really. Pretty much the highlight of this week. It was absolutely wonderful to be able to jump right in and talk to her about things, and feel completely comfortable to do it. The only thing that was lacking was ice cream. But that's ok, because we were in a practice room in the music building, so we ended up doing some singing. Singing kinda has the same effect as ice cream in just about ever sense, at least for me. Except singing doesn't make you fat...It was great to be able to sing with someone again. I've missed it SO much. It's one of the reasons why I miss choir so much. (PS I totally made Women's Chorale. Woot! And I'm doing institute choir. Two choirs this semester! Happiness on a stick.) It was especially nice because we were in Chamber together, so it was sorta like old times...minus, you know, singing with everyone else.

So...life has been pretty busy. Hanging out with peeps. Work. Went on a date. Getting a wee bit homesick again, because it's been over a month (almost two) since I've been to Mesa and then Katie came up with her plethora of pictures, which brought of wave of nostalgia. School starts on Monday. (Finally.) It hit me yesterday that I was actually starting college. I mean, I've been living on my own for two and a half months. Why should college be so scary? But...I just started feeling so little again. Just about everyone I've been hanging out with is out of their teens. A few are still 19, and even fewer are 18. I'm just so...little! I feel like I've been playing dress-up or something by hanging out with all these big kids, who have so much more experience in, well, pretty much everything you can think of.

So. We'll see where these next few days take me. Hopefully I'll feel more grown up soon...but, on a more happy note, today is Sunday! And that means church! And this is the first Sunday that the YSA wards are separated, so this will be the first Sunday that the Flagstaff YSA 1st ward will meet together. I'm excited. And I just love feeling the spirit. I've been kinda lacking it lately, because I haven't been focusing on things like my scripture study and prayers...so I need a wee bit more of it. Yay for church!

1 comment:

Lisa Payne said...

Here's a fun game for you: just be yourself and don't tell anybody how old you are unless they ask. Because you have so many older brothers and sisters, you have no problem talking to people of all ages: many kids your age don't know how to relate to people that are older than them. Because of that, people are going to think you're older than you are. It's a fun game! I did it all the time when I was single...when I was 19, most of the people I talked to thought I was like 24. It's really entertaining:)