Sunday, April 22, 2012

Random musings

Life has been...interesting. That's prolly the best word for it. I keep meaning to do a blog post, but then I lose inspiration for it. Which is sad. Because blogging = writing, so no inspiration for writing is kinda a depressing thought. So, yeah. Now I'm just going to share randomness.

Racquetball. I need to play it more often. It brings me...I don't know if joy is the right word, but it's pretty much the only form of exercise I get. It's incredibly fun. If I'm having a bad day, it's a fabulous way to get it all out. Because, one, it physically exhausts me (instead of mentally and emotionally, like my days do) while shooting endorphins through me, so it's not a cranky tired. Two, I play with my friends, so there's usually laughter, and if I play with Christine, then there's even MORE laughter and slightly crazy antics.

Boys. I just...yeah. That's all I have to say about that.You can interpret it how you wish.

Spanish. I have a love-hate relationship with it. It stresses me out SO much! My grade in that class is so iffy. Half the time I don't understand what's going on, and the other half of the time the person who sits next to me doesn't pay attention, which, since I have Spanish at 8:00 in the morning, ticks me off slightly more than it probably should. I'm attempting at speaking in Spanish more...but lets face it. If it's not about food, it's kinda difficult. But, Friday, I totally used the subjunctive when I was practicing with someone I work with. First time I have ever used the subjunctive outside of class. I felt awesome. Also, I like to complain to Christine how much I hate Spanish (even though I don't actually hate it. That much.) because she has this weird obsession and love for it, so her reaction often makes me smile. Shhh...don't tell her...


Heavenly Father is a pretty incredibly guy. Did you know He, quite literally, created our brain so that living the Gospel will make us happy? There's been resent studies that show that things like service, gratitude, and other small things like that, help reinforce a certain way of thinking - a positive way of thinking - in a very natural way. And that certain way of thinking is more positive, is happier. It's so brilliant!

Sometimes, I don't understand some of the things Heavenly Father is trying to teach me. I had an experience last Sunday that really frustrated me, because I felt He was trying to tell me something, but I just wasn't getting it. But, I've also had a recent experience in which I caught a glimpse of His reasoning for certain things I'm experiencing. He's got a plan, and He's preparing me.

Pity. I have this awful habit of, when I'm feeling discouraged or down on myself, I start to pity myself. And it doesn't get me anywhere, because I get so wrapped up in, "My life is so awful, my life is so hard, why did this happen to me," and some thing else about me, myself, and I. And then I suck other people into it, trying to get them to pity me, complaining to them. I get stuck in the pity pit. It's a pit I get stuck in a lot.

I love psychology. And, I know that this is what I'm supposed to be studying. There was a fireside last Sunday, and there was a slideshow shown of a whole bunch of pictures. Many of the pictures were of downtrodden, hopeless, distressed, sad people. And I just had the very strong feeling and impressing that THIS is why I'm doing what I'm doing. So I can help people like this be happy, to have joy - and to find it in the Gospel and in Christ. This is why I'm here in Flagstaff, going to NAU. Because Heavenly Father sees that, somehow, this is the best place for me to learn to do just that - and learn many other things.

It's been 10 months and 9 days since I've moved up to Flagstaff. It's been an...eventful 10 months. And I wouldn't trade them for the world. So much growing has happened. Sometimes I start thinking about how I'm in college, living on my own, depending on myself for financial stuff, and stuff like that, and I freak myself out a bit. I don't think I will ever feel old enough for where I am in life. I remember last year, as a senior in high school and I would have random moments of feeling weird that I was old enough to be in high school. But...that's life.

I have a phone date with Lanelle on Tuesday. I'm excited. I lurve that girly with all my heart!

So...random musings are over. Life is fantastic, for the most part. Full of stress, but that's nothing new. Full of wonderful friends who love me and support me. Full of blessings from Heavenly Father. Just fantastic.


No comments: