Monday, October 25, 2010

Life...and stuff

Welp, I've been super busy with school and homework and life. I had honest intentions to blog regularly. But since I have no clue how many people actually read this and since I have very little free time, I don't post as often as I originally planned. But, since I'm procrastinating my homework - my gimpy brother is watching TV anyway (He hurt his back so he has been sitting in the chair and watching TV for forever. And since he's a cripple, I must humor him.) - I decided to do a post. It's basically going to be a big jumbled mess. Which is typically what's going on in my brain, anyway.

So, this Friday, my sister is getting married. It's pretty awesome. Except it's kinda freaking me out, because she's three years older than me. Which means I that in three years I could be getting married. As much as I really want to get married, I'm am NOT ready for that.

Last Saturday was the Homecoming dance. It was lots of fun. I had a great group and a great date. Unfortunately, I didn't get to slow dance with him, because we were only there for one slow dance, and that ended up being the dance where all the Homecoming King and Queen nominees danced together. So I just kinda stood there awkwardly, until McKenna, being the sweetheart that she is, told her date to dance with me while she went to get a drink of water. So, I ended up dancing with my date's younger brother, Joseph! But, all in all, it was a fun night.

October Break was great - sorta. That was when my grandma died, but it was also Girls Camp. Let me tell you, being a YCL is one of the greatest experiences a person can have. I'm kind of a selfish person. But, for those few days, I dedicate myself to serving those girls that I'm over. I try my best to leave my wants out of the picture, and give myself up in service. And the relationship that is formed is amazing. I still consider some of the girls I was over last year as really good friends. In fact, one of them helped me a lot when I found out my grandma died. I just love them lots! When I think of Girls Camp, now, I picture the sweet faces of those girls I was over. And I miss them! It's hard not seeing them constantly like I did at camp. As a YCL, you learn how to love completely, how to see others as daughters of God, who are of great worth. It's been a couple of weeks, and I'm still thinking about and missing camp. But, the great thing about it, is that our stake youth activities are that much more fun, because I get to see everyone! Like softball this week! I'm so excited for that! Softball is possibly one of my favorite mutual activities.

Welp, I prolly should get to work. There's an unfortunate choir festival tonight that takes up half the night, which means less time for homework and such.

No comments: