Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Love is in the air.

No, not that kind of love. Well, I suppose there is somewhere, just not in the life of Beth. Holly is doing love-themed posts for the month of February and invited people to join her. I prolly won't do it every day, but I'll do it. And probably on Facebook everday. Because sometimes  - actually always - it's good to look at the positive side of things. The things that you loved of the day. So, what I loved about today:

Katie Alston gave me a card today, for no special reason. And it was perfect. You know those time where you just feel down on yourself? You focus on all your flaws and everything you're doing wrong. That's been happening a lot to me recently. I'm not going to lie, it's kinda a new experience. I've always been super confident about myself, I've always felt good about myself. It's definitely different. So, this card was perfect. It made me happy.

Then, in choir, I did a little bit of...sharing. I shared an experience that I don't tell a whole lot of people. It makes me uncomfortable to share it. I'm not usually open about how I feel, unless it's happy feelings. But, I did it to explain why the song "The Awakening" was so important to me, because it's such a special song, and needs to be sung and treated as such. And, I didn't feel uncomfortable about sharing it. I loved that. Everyone made me feel like it was the right thing to share.

I loved that I came home to an empty house. Usually my brother is home. And then I don't get much work done. It's harder to motivate myself when the TV's on. And I already have a hard time motivating myself to do my homework. So, what will I be doing once I finish this blog post? Homework. With no interference. And I guess that's happy...sorta.

So, yes. Love. It's a great thing to feel, no? If you think about the things and people you love, life gets so much happier. And I love happiness!

1 comment: