Tuesday, May 17, 2011

May the music never end

Tonight was the final choir concert of the year. The last choir concert that I will ever sing at Mesa High. One of the last times that I will sing with that group of kids of A Cappella and Chamber Singers. It's been an interesting experience. Sentimental. It's not usually a word that I would use to describe me. But certain experiences that I've had this year combined with my awesome friends have kinda changed that. As you probably could tell if you are a frequent reader of my blog. I often talk about my choir friends - especially my Chamber peeps. This last concert was more...reflective for me than anything. Remembering the times I've had with these amazing people. According to Katie Alston - and I wholeheartedly agree with this - the bonds you make in choir are stronger than the bonds you make with others. It's the power of music. So it's not like I'm trying to make my other friends feel bad. It's just, you know, their my choir friends!

Anyway, there was a song that Chamber sang - and then later joined/replaced by the people who will be in Chamber next year. It was...tough.The seniors handed their mike to an incoming member, and walked off stage. I was ok with it...after a little bit. Because I understand moving on. It sucks, but a necessary part of life. So. The song. May the Music Never End:

May the music never end.
Surround us with a circle of love.
Let our hearts keep singing
and this song keep ringing through our lives
as we leave this place my friend.
And may the music never end.

Familiar hearts fill this room with love.
There've been so many years
of laughter and of tears.
And I cherish ever moment that we shared.
Mem'ries I'll be thinking of
are reflections of your love.

May the music never end.
And may the music never end.

I guess...the point of this post is to explain this one thing. What is music to you? Because it is SO much to me. More than just notes and words on a piece of paper. Music is feeling, it's emotion. So, let the love, the joy, and the memories never end. Our paths will separate. Maybe permanently -at least in this life. But, that doesn't mean that our love for each other has to end, or the joy we have felt in each others' presence and because of each other. We will always have our memories. If you're worried about losing those, write them down!

Please. Please, please, please, oh please! May the music never end. Never let and end come to those things. I will carry my love for all of you for forever. Friends for life, eh? Most definitely!

No comments: