Sunday, May 29, 2011

News update

I am moving to two weeks. What I'm feeling: super freakout. Super sad. Super nervous/scared. A little bit excited.

I know this is what I'm supposed to do. The Lord has led me this far. He's not just going to drop me and leave me alone. He's with me to the end. I know this is what the Lord wants me to do.  But that doesn't exactly make it any easier. And it doesn't completely stop all the non-happy feelings. Knowing it in my mind doesn't automatically transfer to feeling it in my heart. I'm working on it...but it's been kinda a long process. I actually was doing great! Until school ended, and it became hardcore reality. But, I was texting Katie Alston about it - Bradley had just come over to drop off a cap and gown I had let him borrow for baccalaureate. He's leaving/left tonight. So I started texting her, freaking out that Bradley is the first of the Chamber crew to leave...and that I'm going to be the second. She ended up saying the most perfect words that I needed at the time. It was gentle reminder of why I'm doing this...because I was led to it. It was a gentle reminder of God's love for me, and how He is most definitely in control.

So, now I'm still freaking out, scared, sad, excited...but I'm not fighting it. I'm leaving SO many friends behind. Gah! Who knows when I'll see many of them next! But, what will happen...will happen. I have full trust in the Lord that, I will meet these amazing people again - whether in this life or in the eternities. I will make new friends - no matter how hard/awkward it may feel for me to talk to new people. I will accomplish what I need to accomplish. I will be fine up there in Flagstaff. I will survive, I will grow and progress. The Lord has my back. In McKenna's words, He's got this.

In other, more cheerful new, Girls' Camp is this week! Tuesday to Friday! It will be my last year...but it will be a blast. I'm Junior Staff, and I'm doing lots, but it'll be so much fun. I can't wait!

No comments: