Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Flagstaffness

In the movie I Am Number Four, there's this quote. "A place is only as good as the people you know in it."

As time goes on, I settle more and more in. I've been here for over a month - about a month and a half. Crazy stuff. I feel like I've grown SO much in this past month and a half. And it hasn't even been that difficult - minus the first week, but I try to ignore that week. In fact, it's been so easy that I'm a wee bit afraid for what the Lord has in store for me...the calm before the storm is what I feel like I'm experiencing.

Anyways. I've gotten really comfortable up here. I just love the people I'm around. For the days that I was roommateless, I had to go out of my shell a little bit - it probably was really good for me. I'm still not like super outgoing - I'm almost never outgoing. But I'm not staying in the apartment all the time. I'm going out of my bubble a bit. In fact, I've gotten super sarcastic again. So sarcastic, in fact, that I'm afraid of being too mean. But I've told people to hit me if I get to mean. And this sarcasm is just proof that I'm comfortable up here and the people that I'm around.

Flagstaff has become to feel like home. And all because the people are wonderful. They're welcoming, loving, kind, and hilarious. I'm still missing my friends and family. It comes in waves. It's been particularly strong the past few days, but at the same time, I'm realized just how blessed I am by the people I'm surrounded by. So...I'm missing people, but I'm not sad about it. Because my friends up here are just as amazing as those in Mesa.

Flagstaff is...amazing. I truly am blessed to call this place home, for how ever long or short my stay is. I can't believe how everything has fallen into place. My job is great (boring for the time being, but great). I see my sister and brother in law basically everyday. I hang out with friends everyday. And I. Am. Happy. What more could I ask for?

ps. In like the past week and a half I've gotten three letters/cards. Every time my day was made. You want to make this chica happy? Send her a letter. Yes I'm pathetic enough to ask for letters on my blog. Don't judge me! :) I mostly just love letters.

No comments: