Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Mesa time!

So. I had a grand old time the past few days. My sister and brother in law took a trip down to Mesa for the weekend, and I went with them. I don't know the next time I'll get the chance to go down there, so I made sure that I saw lots of people. Not everyone...because that would be impossible. It is summer after all, and 4th of July, so people are bound to be out of town. Or busy. But, I saw many friends. And I was/is happy.

So, I get to my house Friday night. One of the first things I do? Check the pantry. for what? Goldfish. And what do I see? Goldfish. My parents love me!

Saturday, Marina Mason and Danielle Driggs come over.We have pizza and play games. 'Twas a blast. Good memories of junior staff. Then that night, Tiffany Hakes invites me to go play volleyball with her sisters/friends. I'm not much of a volleyball player...but I was super excited. So I went and saw people that I wasn't even planning on seeing...and even kinda expected to never see again in my life. Just because that's how life goes.

Sunday was devoted to family. At church I was able to talk to some old leaders. They always put a smile on my face. And then that night there was a BBQ. My brother did it as a Father's Day gift. I was included merely  for the reason that I was staying there and needed food.

Monday, I had a little get-together with just a few choir friends. We played some games. (Curses is the most epic game you will ever play. Especially if you play with the right people.) Then there was another family BBQ.  Which Kylie Walker went to. (I had jokingly invited her when trying to make plans, and she really wanted to come. I don't understand why...because my family is nuts. I'm afraid she will never look at me the same way again.)

And today. Tuesday. My sister and brother in law kept pushing the time back for when we were leaving. Which I was ok with. I went to an early-ish lunch with Holly, Kristina, and Kylie and then ended up going to Namebrand Exchange afterwards. Then, I went over to McKenna's house. I went over there for the purpose of having an...intervention. Because I'm pathetic. (don't ask questions. because it's silliness really.) But then I ended up staying there for...like over three hours, just talking. I'm not gonna lie, but that might have been the highlight of my stay. My visit was impromptu and we just...talked. That doesn't happen very often with me. I generally need to have things planned in advanced. And I'm a really bad conversationalist/can't get the thoughts in my head out of my mouth the way I want. So I rarely just sit and talk. But I loved it.

Yes. I had such an amazing time.But it was definitely time for me to come back to Flagstaff. I even started missing it a bit. Especially it's weather. Mesa is SO hot! And humid. And...blech. But Flagstaff's weather is wondrous right now. As are the people. Just as amazing as the people back in Mesa.

No comments: