Tuesday, September 13, 2011

I'm just lovin' life!

So it's been like two weeks since I last posted...life has gotten pretty busy for me. But, I seriously am just loving it all right now. School is...hectic. The past couple of weeks. I was having a really hard time trying to find the balance for everything. School, work, social life, church. It got intense for a little while. But, things have seemed to come together. Granted, it's not like life is going to be perfect. Heck, I woke up today with swollen glands. If I get any sicker, that means no work, and miserable school. BUT!! That's ok. Anyways, I'm just gonna give a little recap of the past two weeks.

Labor Day weekend, I went down to the Valley. (Funny how I've started calling Mesa the Valley. I never did that before. The influences of Flag, I guess.) It was an...interesting experience. To make a long story short, I simply learned that Mesa is not my home anymore. While there are people there that I love, and people there that care about me, it's just not where I'm meant to be. It's nice to visit, but not for very long. My life isn't there anymore, and the people's lives there don't involve me anymore (that sounds more awful than it really is, trust me. I don't want anyone feeling bad.) So, Flag is home for me at the moment. I know I've said that before, but I always had Mesa in the back of my mind too, but, it's not home anymore.

Then, there was school. Pretty much typical Beth. Stressing, worrying, trying to fit everything in. Having an essay to write, but procrastinating and not focusing. There was this forever long choir rehearsal of the Holiday Dinner we do. It made me miss Mrs. Jones, my old choir teacher SO incredibly much. All the warm ups she did were exactly like hers. We're singing a song that we sang my junior year, in essentially the same exact way. Granted this is all because she went to NAU for school, so that's where she learned everything. But it made me nostalgic. And reminded me why I love singing so much! Mrs. Jones instilled a love of choir in me. I enjoyed it in junior high, but in reality...it wasn't a real choir class. I didn't learn anything until high school choir. And then I didn't just like choir and like singing, I LOVED it! And it only increased with each year of choir.

And then the weekend. Fabulous, let me tell you. There was that choir thing that was...draining. But like I said, I love singing, so it was bearable. Then I hung out with Katie Alston for a little bit. I seriously LOVE having her up here. Then...I went on a date. I went swing dancing (sorta) and then watched an incredible lightning storm. (For those of you who know me well...you can interpret the fact that I went dancing on a date however you wish...) On Sunday I gave my first Relief Society lesson. and I think is was a success. I was super nervous while I was giving it, but everyone said they couldn't tell, and that they really liked it. So I'll just take it and pretend like I'm an awesome teacher! After giving the initial lesson, I think I may really enjoy teaching. I love sharing my testimony with people and sharing knowledge with others. Plus, it's just nice to have a calling, because then I know this is where I'm supposed to be, or else the Lord wouldn't have called me to it. Plus, you get blessings when you have a calling. I'll take whatever blessings I can get right now!

And then yesterday was just...happy. No other word for it. I just got things done, I was productive. Everything seemed to be going well. I'm not even feeling stressed! I can't remember the last time I didn't feel stressed! It's just wonderful to feel this way right now. To be so happy. To be surrounded by the amazing people that I am. To be able to go to church, and to have a job, and to be able to learn in school. Sometimes, I just need a reminder of how good life is, and how I should be more grateful for the things in it. Just because life gets a little hard doesn't mean there aren't blessings hidden. There always will be a positive thing in your life. You just have to look for it. Yes. Life is good.

No comments: