Sunday, September 12, 2010

Awesomeness

Ok, so there's a lot that happened this weekend that I want to share, but I'll do it one at a time, and not in the order that it happened.

Last night, I had an awesome experience. I went to the Lamb of God concert, performed by the EVMCO (East Valley Mormon Choir Organization) and conducted by Rob Gardner.


Oh my gosh is was SO amazing. Let me tell you. I love music. And that is exactly why I love music. The spirit was so strong. The music told a story, sometimes in a different perspective that what you normally would. It was about the days leading up to the Atonement and then the Resurrection. I learned some things. I was inspired by others. One thing that really struck me was Mary, Jesus' mother. How many of us think of her, and the pain and anguish she must have gone through watching her son suffer and die, and not be able to do anything about it. I know whenever I see someone I love in pain or suffering in some way, I want to help. It almost physically pains me to see them in pain. And it must be like 50 times worse for a mother to watch a child go through something like that, and have absolutely no power to help. It must have been a sacrifice for Mary. She's definitely someone I want to run up to and give a big hug to when I get the chance to meet her.

So, yeah, that concert was inspiring and refreshing. I love me some good music. And not only was that inspiring and spiritually music, but it was just good! Seriously, that choir was amazing. Amazing tone, amazing balance, amazing blends, amazing power. Just, you know, all-round full of amazingly awesomeness.

No comments: