Thursday, September 2, 2010

I have a confession to make

I complain. A lot. I often say it's a hobby of mine. But, within the past month or so, it's gotten a lot worse. Like, right now, I can name off a bunch of stuff to complain about without thinking to hard: My back hurts. I'm tired. I'm on my freakin' period. (Sorry if that's TMI, but...let's face it. It happens to me every month for a week, and more or less the same thing for every other girl going through or who has gone through puberty. It's a fact of life...suck it up, my friend.) I don't have time to do any homework, except the stuff that due the next day, so I have no time to work on the projects. This weekend, I have mucho tarea to do, and like no time to do it. My brother has moved back home, and while that's not a bad thing, I have to learn to share everything. My room has been cut in half, because of long story that I'm not going to get into. And I want a cell phone.

Um...well, that got carried away. But, you get my point. I'm super negative. I can find so much to complain about. And it's really been just dragging me down. I mean, I'm happy. But it's hard to focus on bad and good at the same time. So, I'm just really glad to have the friends that I do, because they help me forget the bad and the whiny, complaininess. Today in choir, on of my friends just came up and gave me a hug, out of the blue, no special reason. And, when I was getting all pessimistic, I just remembered that hug and I smile and think of how awesome it is that I have friends who care about me.

Every single day, someone, somehow, makes me feel special and helps me stay positive. Every single time I show that I'm being all moody and upset, someone lets me know that they care about me and that they actually want me to be happy.

So, after thinking about how it's awesome that I have the friends that I do, and how there really were good parts to my day, and how I actually have things to be grateful for, I realized that to every negative thought, there's a positive.

My back may hurt, but I can have it worked on for free at work, if I want, while others have to pay for their therapy. If I'm tired, I'll just go to sleep faster. And I might be loopy the next day. I'm on my period...well...that just means I can be a mommy when I'm married. The homework, well, that just gives me something to do on the 10 hour car ride to and from Utah this weekend. Michael has moved back home, but now I have someone to talk to about randomness. And sharing is caring. My room is tiny, but I'll have to actually hang my clothes up now, which means no wrinkly shirts. And, the cell phone...well...um....let me think...I guess since I don't have to pay for it, that's money that's going into my college fund.

So, I'm going to make it a goal of mine to try to see the positive, instead of the negative. If you see me complaining, I give you permission to smack me. Just kidding, don't smack me. Just yell at me and tell me to think happy thoughts.

1 comment:

J-ME said...

my goodness beth! i love you! YOU are one of the most optimistic people i know!!! Keep it up! =)