Sunday, August 29, 2010

Future mom is what I am!

There's many times when I say I want to get married. And people raise their eyebrows at me. I don't want to get married now obviously, but I most definitely want to be married. I've contemplated writing letters to my future husband, because that's what he means to me. I love him - even though I don't know who he is. I probably don't even know him yet. But, I love him, because I know what he'll be. A good man, a respectful husband.

Then, I often say I want a baby. So I get the eyebrow raise again, and usually some exclamations follow. No, I don't want a baby now, but, oh my gosh, I want one so bad! I want to be a mommy!

This is me holding my nephew Joel just a few days after he was born. In about a month, he will be two years old. This was about the time the whole baby thing started for me. (Hey, check it out! I still have the same watch that I'm wearing in the picture! What a good, sturdy watch. They usually fall apart on me. It may be tacky, but it's been good to me!)

Then, about six months later, my niece Taylor was born. And I held her for the first time. And it was like BAM! I freakin' want a baby. I understand that, at the moment, I would probably be a crappy mom. I can't handle watching my nieces and nephews for over three hours without wanting to strangle them. I don't have a mother's patience. I refuse to change diapers, unless I'm the only one there, and it's necessary. Things like that. 

But, I still want to be a mom. I want to have little kids run up to me, yelling, "Mommy!" and then give me a big hug. I want to be able to sing them to sleep, to teach them about Jesus and their ABCs. I want to hold them in my lap and read them stories and teach them simple Gospel principles and watch them grow. Is that at all weird? That I can't wait for all that to happen? And the great thing is, I have so many nieces and nephews that I can start practicing the whole patience thing now. It takes some work, but it'll be worth it in the end. It's my Divine Nature, to be a mom. I absolutely can't wait.

No comments: