Saturday, August 21, 2010

One Saturday morning

I am up at 8 on a Saturday. Usually, I'm sleeping for at least another hour. But, this particular Saturday, I'm especially busy. (So why am I blogging? Because I'm really up half an hour earlier than I need to, and I like blogging. And I don't really want to start either of my two essays at the moment.) I'm not going to get into the details of all I'm doing today, because this post isn't about me complaining. Though I may often do that. :) this post is about an act of service that I am about to do, and am very grateful for the opportunity to do.

You see, I think service is important...but I don't always necessarily do it as often as I should. But, today, someone in my ward is moving. Sis. Martineau, a former Young Womens leader. She was released last week. And, the thing with Sis. Martineau, she's like one of the best leaders you could ask for. I'm kind of heart-broken to see her go. So, this morning, I'm going to be helping her clean her house. And I'm grateful for the opportunity, because it allows me to serve someone who has been serving me for the almost 5 years she's been in Young Womens. Serving leads to loving the person you're serving even more. It allows you to express a love you might not be able to do with words. So, serving is awesome. I definitely jumped at the chance to do this service for a wonderful person, and, truly, a wonderful friend. Isn't great when you have leaders that you can call your friend?

So, anyway, service is pretty dang cool. I probably should do a whole lot more of it. But can I give you guys a challenge? Haha all like 5 of you who read this? Find someone you love, but maybe don't always express that love to, and then serve them. There's no better way of expressing your love! and, if you're like me and you always can't figure out what to do, go and hug that person. I've learned to do that. Of course, you may not be like me and have to problem going out and hugging person...I don't mind being hugged, I just usually don't start the hug. I'm not a real huggy person...though I do like hugs...make sense? Yes, I'm a walking contradiction. Haha. So yeah. Go serve! :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks, Beth! I'm glad to call you my friend and I'm grateful for the service you gave me. :)