Monday, August 9, 2010

And so it begins

I've decided that I really like blogging. And that it might be fun to do a normal one that's not for Personal Progress. So this is just gonna be about what's going on in the life of Beth. It's not exactly the most exciting thing, but it's fun to share some of the randomness that goes on in my head.

So, I guess I'll start off with a description of who I am. My name is Beth Ann Root. I'm the youngest of nine kids. We're kinda a typical not-so-typical Mormon family. Did that make sense? No? Well, there ya go. That's pretty much my family. We're all sarcastic. We all are musically inclined. Music is kind of one of my favorite things. Ever. Sarcasm flows from my mouth regularly, so most of my friends have learned not to take me too seriously. In fact, one or two of them are more brutally sarcastic than me, which is pretty incredible actually.

Probably the most important thing in my life is my religion. I'm LDS. Aka Mormon. It's made me who I am. It's what guides me in my journey of life, what helps me set my goals, and what keeps me looking forward with a positive attitude. Most of all, it's what makes me happy. I've learned to try to be happy. Always, always, always. I could be tied up in a dark closet, but I can still choose to be happy. But, hopefully, I'll never have my happiness tested out with that particular trial...

I'm a complete and utter nerd. And I'm ok with it. I love to read. Like a lot. You probably have no idea just how much I love to read. And, as much as I complain about school, I do enjoy learning. Just not the learning process. I love to talk about the things that I learn and to share it with others. I just may not be able to explain it too well. I have this thing I call verbal dyslexia. I sometimes have a hard time saying what's in my brain. Which then leads to my love for writing. Writing is so much easier than speaking. I can erase and take time to make every word near perfect. And getting putting ideas out on paper in a way that I could never do with speaking is one of the greatest things ever. I write the occasional poem, but in all honesty, it doesn't happen that often. I have to be inspired by something. And my favorite thing ever? Learning about the Gospel. My favorite book? The Book of Mormon. Yes, total nerd. I embrace my nerdiness.

So, now you know a bit about me. Welcome to the start of my blog! :) Now, I'm not a picture person, but I'll try to get pictures up here, to spice the blog up. Because it is a wee bit boring without some pictures. We'll just see what happens.

No comments: