Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Twenty-eleven

I'm awful at setting goals. Mostly because most of my goals that I like to set are like super long-term - like when I was a wee beehive I was like, (in little girl voice) "I'm gonna finish my Personal Progress before I turn 18!" And I did it. My goals now are to graduate with my scholastic - not so long term any more - go to NAU, and get good grades (nothing below a C. Or not even a C would be awesome. I've only ever had a single B in my career of being a student. I'd like to keep it C free. HA, like that's really going to happen.) Get married in the temple. Be a mom. But, I'm awful at short term goals, or smaller goals.

What I've been trying to do this year, is kinda feel my way in, settling in before I begin all my goals all at once. From the very first day, I've been reading my scriptures - which I've been awful at. But, since the 1st, I've read at least 5 minutes each day. Begining on Sunday, I've started writing in my journal. I want to write in my journal everyday. I used to do that, and I really loved it, but stopped in the middle of 1st quarter. Next, I want to start on health goals. While the weather is nice (for, like two more weeks.) I want to walk home from school at least 3 times a week. Even when it gets super hot, I will walk at least one day. Plus, I really, really need to eat more healthy. So, for after school snacks, I'm going for fruits. Like apples with cheese. Deliciousness.

This year marks the year that many life changing things will be happening. Graduation. Moving away from home. College. Adulthood. Huge stuff. So, it makes sense that I start making changes in my life that will better prepare me to make those upcoming changes, and even the changes that will come in the further future. I feel like these past sixish months, I've regressed. In a lot of things. I've procrastinated WAY more. I feel like I've regressed spiritually. I've become more lazy. So, it's time for this girl to make some changes. But, I'm kinda excited for it. It's kinda exciting to think of the future and all that you can become. Once you get past of that freaking out stage.

Speaking of which, I think I'm over (mostly) the whole freaking out/panic attacks about college. I'm getting really pumped up for it. I'm so ready for high school to be over!

Welp, here's to goals and making changes in life. Trying can only make life better!

1 comment:

Holly said...

Beth I love you! :) you are awesome.