Monday, October 24, 2011

Just a little randomness

I think I've shared this poem here before...but I want to do it again. You see, most times I feel very self-conscious about sharing my poems. I'm a little bit afraid of them getting torn apart by poetry fanatics who read/write much better stuff than what I write. I'm also a little bit afraid of people not understanding what I'm trying to get across. You see, I'm a very emotional person. Sometimes (most times) I have no clue how to express that emotion. So, sometimes, I resort to writing. And sometimes that writing comes in the form a poem. So, by sharing a poem I have written, I'm sharing a little piece of me. But...this particular poem, I am very, very proud of. It's either my favorite or second favorite that I've written. Like, legitimately. Which says a lot, because usually I'm too indecisive to pick a favorite anything. (Except singer, color, and food. If you don't know those are, then you really don't know me...honestly! haha) So. Anyway. This poem.


Out of the Darkness

I look out into the darkness,

The deep, dark Night.
I see nothing,
Save rare glimpses
Of Light.

Despair fills my heart,
For my eyes see nothing
But the deep, dark Night.

My eyes close tight,
Hoping that when they open,
There'll be no more Night.
But, no, the dark
Still overwhelms.

Fear grips my being,
Fear of the unknown
As strange, eerie sounds
Penetrate the Night and
Come to my ears.

There terror nearly masters me,
Till I see another small Light,
And I'm reminded of
The Dawn.

Hope overtakes the
Fear, despair, and terror,
Every bad thought and feeling
Banished.

For the Dawn breaks
Every morn.
The Sun will come.

Though clouds shroud the sky,
And also my heart,
The Sun will always come.
Maybe not in the open, or
Clearly seen,
But always there.

The Sun waits to
Shine through the darkness.

There can be no darkness
Without the Light.
There can be no morning
Without the Night.

The terror is gone,
The hope growing strong,
And my eyes are now
Towards the sky,
Searching for the coming
Sun.


My favorite part: "There can be no darkness/Without the Light./there can be no morning/Without the Night."

There must be opposition in all things. Something I am constantly reminded of. I think the Lord knows that I would forget way too easily if I He didn't send me reminders all the time. And I know, no matter the trial, there will be an end. There is hope. And the light will be even brighter than it was before. I will appreciate it more.

Yes. Despite all Satan is doing, he's just making us stronger, once we finish a struggle with him. Funny, yet awesome how that works. Our greatest enemy, who is trying his hardest to bring us down and make life miserable, is actually creating the potential for us to become stronger, rise up higher, and be the happiest you could ever become. It's like a double whammy to him. You kick him in the face, and then get stronger.

One last thing. I am happy. Just thought I'd share that. :)

No comments: