Sunday, October 2, 2011

Love my friends!

I know I talk about my friends on here a lot. But that's simply because I have no clue where I would be without the special friends I have in my life. As I've mentioned previously, I've been having a hard time recently. And it's not exactly getting better. A lot of it is an attitude thing that I'm working on improving. A lot of it is simply me not having a clue of what I'm doing. But there is one thing (well, one of a few. the one that I'm talking about right now) that makes it all better, in the end: my friends.

I'm so blessed by the friends I have in my life, here in Flagstaff and down in Mesa. I would be...utterly lost right now without them. When I'm feeling really down, one of them will say something or send me a text that puts a smile on my face that I actually feel  - not a fake one that I put on so people don't know how bad I feel. There's a select few who I will let know when I'm having a really bad time. Sometimes it's to ask for help, or simply to vent, in a one line phrase, just how frustrated I'm getting with everything. But, they always can help me in some way.

Today, Katie Wilson, one of my roommates, had an orchestra concert. I had been trying to get her sister - one of my best friends - Kristina to come up to watch it. She would never really give me a straight answer whether or not she was coming, until yesterday, when I was having a really bad day, when she finally told me she was coming up. (Apparently she had been planning it for awhile but wanted to surprise me) So today, I pretty much was super excited and was getting antsy to see her. So, finally, Kristina walks in the door, and I freak out and get all happy. Then she looks back at the door, so I turn around, and lo and behold, there's Holly Dixon! Totally unexpected! Seeing the two of them pretty much made the month of October for me. And it's just barely begun!

The reason why I'm sharing this is...because it basically was the best thing ever. I don't know how today would have been for me without them here. It was a tender mercy of the Lord. I laughed SO much. I don't remember the last time I laughed that hard. And I was really smiling. This is what my friends are to me. They make things better when I feel lost, or confused, or unhappy.

I love my friends. A lot. It always is wonderful to have reminders of just how lucky I am because of my friends. I am filled with gratitude to the Lord for Him guiding me down my path so that I have met and made these incredible friends. I am...eternally grateful to them. And I hope I can someday show them my gratitude and appreciation for all that they've done for me.

No comments: