Monday, October 17, 2011

Mesa-town

This weekend, I spent some much needed time in Mesa. Half of the time, I did absolutely nothing (which actually means watching TV and attempting to do homework. So it was mostly watching TV. Which I haven't done in forever.) The other half, I spent with family and friends. But mostly family. I'm not going to lie...this was kind of a selfish trip. I saw people that I felt I absolutely needed to see for my sanity. I do wish I had seen more, because I could always do with more sanity...haha but it was nice to see the people that I did. Saturday morning was filled with family. My parents actually were out of town for their anniversary...but my brothers came over to try to help fix something that's going on with the water pipes or something...I don't live there anymore. I don't know what's going on. But, because of that, I go to see my sis-in-law Leigh and her 3 boys. They are crazy boys. They sometimes like to scream and throw fits. But their laughter, sweet hugs, and hilarious antics make it worth it. Usually.

Then, that afternoon/eveningish, I went and played racquetball with McKenna, Bradley, and Alex.  It was SO weird to be on Mesa High campus again. Plus there's a whole new building.  It kinda tripped me out to actually see it completed.  Also. Racquetball makes me happy. It was pretty much the best thing ever playing with people I love so much. Besides, I think everyone looks silly at one point when they play, so it makes for laughter - you're getting a work out from running around, plus you're laughing. Best workout EVER! I really should make more time for it. It probably would relieve SO much stress and tension from my body. Maybe not from my mind, but, hey, I'd take a cluttered mind and a relaxed back over a tense back and a still cluttered mind. Because I don't think my mind will ever become uncluttered, until I die and have no worries.

Sunday, I went to Derek Partridge's farewell. And saw SO many people there. People that I didn't expect to see, but was extremely glad that I did see. Then, I saw my new and adorable niece Abby. I usually get to see my nieces and nephews in the hospital shortly after their born...waiting two weeks before I got to see her was killer. After I visited Lisa and Abby, I decided to go to the last hour of my home ward. But, instead of going to Relief Society like a good little 18 year old, I snuck into Young Women. Yes, sometimes I do miss those little girlies. And, I pretty much think those leaders are some of the most amazing women in the world. After church, I sat and had a good talk with Sis. Ramos, the Young Women president. She's pretty much my hero. Actually, I think that talk with her was the reason why I went down to Mesa. I really needed to hear some of the things she said to me. Because. I am not perfect. Nor will I ever be in this life. And I can't beat myself up for not achieving that perfection. Yes, I can always do better. This life is about progression, but when I mess up, I just need to accept it, try and fix, and if it truly bothers me, take it to Christ because He knows how to help best.

I'm just...really happy right now. Definitely an improvement to past weeks. It's not like life is perfect. Because it's not. Yet, I can still choose happiness. If it becomes something difficult to choose, then it's time to put my trust in the Lord and He'll help me out, whether it's through words spoken by a friend, a kind act of service someone performs for me, or a song played that speaks to me. Life is great. Sometimes I just need reminders and need to count my blessings - I have lots of them!

I'm grateful for the chance I had to go to Mesa this weekend. I did have a good week, but this weekend was the frosting on the cake. It was exactly what I needed. I think it will hold me off until next month. I get to go down TWO times. One for Veteran's Day weekend, and then Thanksgiving. Happiness.

No comments: