Monday, February 6, 2012

I love life.

So. I've pretty much been super happy lately. This time last week...I was a little bit of a mess. I had been given some news that really brought me down. I could smile and laugh on the outside, but on the inside, I was completely and utterly unhappy. But, then I went to my institute class on Tuesday, and was filled with the spirit. Do you know how good the spirit feels? It completely changed me! I mean, the news was still in the back of my mind. It still is currently. It'll be there for awhile. But, it shouldn't affect my happiness. I shouldn't allow anything to affect my happiness! I'm SO incredibly blessed in this life. I mean, yeah, I have a lot of trials. But, I can allow those trials to strengthen me. And make me a better person.

In my social psych class (I'm so glad I'm actually taking things in in that class. It's SUPER boring.) we talked about how negative thoughts and feelings are much powerful than positive. Well...I don't buy it! Maybe for the natural man. Maybe for the average person who doesn't try to be happy and constantly look for happiness and blessings. I mean, yeah, you can't be happy every minute of every day. But, positive, good, is SO much stronger than anything negative! I could list you a HUGE list of things that aren't seeming to go my way in life. But, I can also give you a list of the wonderful things in my life. And, even if there was one thing to that huge list of negatives, I would be happy!

I am surrounded by wonderful people who care about me, who take care of me, who love me and help me, and who constantly inspire and uplift me. I have enough - maybe not plenty or extra, but enough and that's all that matters. I have this wonderful Gospel in my life. I have this wonderful opportunity to get an education. I get to go to the institute building almost every day, allowing myself some time to free myself of whatever worries or stress I might be feeling. And I often take the time to play the piano. I've played the piano more regularly this past week than I have for about 6 months. It feels good. And...I'm just happy. I love life. Despite how dire some of my trials might seem to someone else, they seem quite insignificant to me (most of the time.). I'm so grateful for everything in my life - and when I say everything, I mean everything! I think I've discovered the word for what I'm feeling: content. Not content in the sense that I'm feel like I'm awesome and don't need to progress anymore, but content in the sense that...my LIFE is awesome, and I have everything I need at the moment. What's there not to be happy about. Yeah. Life is pretty awesome.


You should smile more in life. Happy looks good on you. :)

No comments: