Monday, June 27, 2011

Inspirational things...inspire me!

1. I love the Brave Girls Club. They send emails to me just about every weekday. And they usually make me feel warm and fuzzy inside.
2. This particular one struck me in a different way than usual. Usually, the ones that strike me are ones that seem to be just for me. Because they are about exactly what I'm going through at the moment. (usually change/stress/feeling overwhelmed) But this one was about...i dunno. Everyone. I mean, they always are, but I just saw this one as something every person needs to read. If that makes sense. anyways. Here it is:

Dear Lovely Girl,

You might think you are lost among the number of people in the world -- six billion people to be exact. You might sometimes feel like you are not unique or important or even SEEN. You might feel forgotten and lost in the shuffle, like what you do or how you live and what you think and who you are could really possible matter.

Who matters to you? How big of a difference do they make in YOUR life, and how different would your world be without them?

Who folded the shirt you were wearing and put it on the shelf at the store in such a way that it caught your eye? Who planted the flowers along the walkway, the happy little house you drive by every day? Who came up with the recipe for your favorite cookies?

Think about all of the small things in your life that bring you joy, the things that REALLY make your life the way it is. It's the little things that matter, isn't it?

NOW, there are a WHOLE lot of people who think of YOU this way, all of the little things that you do that make their life better. All of the 'you-ness' that you add to everything you do that makes the world prettier and funnier and happier and smarter and funkier and more unique. Not only would THEIR world not be same without you, but THE WORLD would not be the same without you.

So don't get caught in the trap of thinking that you have to do BIG THINGS to make a difference. JUST BE YOU. Please don't stop being YOU. Don't give up. Don't get discouraged.

You are not just one in a million. You are one in SIX BILLION. Now that's pretty darn special, isn't it?


Pretty amazing, aye? Often times, I get stuck in the whole not-believe-compliments-people-give-me rut. But then, when I tell people that they do all these little things for me that brighten my day...it's truth. How come people aren't allowed to be as sincere as me? Maybe they really mean what they say. So, next time someone compliments you, tells you how amazing you are, says you are an example to them...believe it. Because somewhere at sometime, you did the same thing for someone else, and they didn't want to believe you. But you meant it.

Trust me. You're amazing. How do I know? Because you're you and there's no one quite like you.

No comments: